Relax Mind & Body – Improve Breathing – Support Posture – Release Tension & Pain
“Shiatsu has helped me so much. My neck pain is gone, I’m more relaxed and able to cope with life, and I feel myself again!” Andrew, Glasgow
Shiatsu is a traditional Japanese meridian therapy massage, which stems from the same ancient oriental principles as acupuncture, but without needles! Studies have shown that shiatsu is a safe therapy that improves health and wellbeing. It can help with the management of a variety of conditions, from specific injuries through to more general symptoms of poor health. Treatments are 1 hour £45
• Back pain, neck pain & whiplash
• Joint pain & stiffness
• Depression or low self esteem
• Sports injuries
• Digestive problems
• Fatigue & burnout
• Menstrual problems
• Fertility and pregnancy – click here for more info
The practitioner uses acupressure, massage techniques & gentle stretching to relieve tension, improve posture and promote wellbeing. Treatment is tailored to the diagnosis of each individual. Moxibustion, ear candling, magnet therapy and flower remedies may be incorporated where appropriate. Sometimes the benefits are felt immediately, and sometimes it my take up to 2 days for the body to complete the rebalancing process and for the benefits to be felt. Likewise, some people find they need a series of 4 or so weekly/fortnightly treatments to achieve lasting improvements, whereas others come for a monthly top up as a lifestyle choice to maintain good health. The treatment takes place at floor level on a japanese futon mat, in a spacious and calm space. The receiver wears loose clothing, changing room facilities are available.
“A fantastically comprehensive treatment, it was great” Tim Booth (lead singer of James)
The findings from the European Shiatsu Federation research study carried out by Professor Andrew Long at Leeds University. The Experience and effects of Shiatsu: A Cross-European Study December 2007
- 89% of Shiatsu receivers felt calmer and more relaxed
- Up to 60% of regular Shiatsu receivers slept better
- Receivers rated their symptoms as significantly reduced throughout the 6 month study
- 86% said that Shiatsu was effective in treating stress and tension, structural problems, low energy and fatigue.
- Overall, Shiatsu receivers adopted a more relaxed, healthier and balanced approach to life
- Reduced use of conventional medicine
The study followed up on a cohort of 984 clients receiving shiatsu in three countries (Spain, Germany and the UK). The study sought to look at clients’ long-term experiences and effects of receiving shiatsu as well as finding out about the practitioners and their style of practice.